Emergency Response Best Practices: How to Handle Crisis, Routine & Emergent Situations
Emergency response…as a healthcare facility manager, you probably face emergencies nearly every day. Some emergencies, however, are bigger than others. Issues facing healthcare are diverse, from disease outbreaks to power outages, severe weather, flooding, patient evacuations, and active shooters to name just a few. As we begin reviewing our emergency preparedness plans to meet the new CMS guidelines, now is a good time to assess the level of emergencies and the appropriate response.
This webinar looks at the difference between a “routine” emergency and a “crisis” emergency. We will peel back how to approach the incident, how to get situational awareness, how to perform an assessment of the incident, and how to develop an incident action plan. We also will discuss how all this fits inside your facility emergency plan and how it works with the rest of the healthcare team.
- Type of emergencies: Routine, crisis, and emergent.
- Facility management teams – Roles, responsibilities, and methodologies.
- Initial Assessment Team – Who should be on the team.
- Assessment criteria – What criteria should always be considered.
- Incident Action Plan (IAP) – How to write one.
- Critical communications:
- How communications can set the tone for your emergency response
- How establishing templates can speed response times during an emergency
We will have a lively hour of discussion and Q&A. Please join us on December 7th at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT by registering for this complimentary webinar today.