This Emergency Response Best Practices webinar is designed for healthcare facility managers however is applicable to any facility manager who face emergencies (which for most of you may likely occur on a daily basis). Some emergencies, however, are bigger than others. Issues facing healthcare are diverse, from disease outbreaks to power outages, severe weather, flooding, patient evacuations, and active shooters to name just a few. As many are beginning to review their emergency preparedness plans to meet the new CMS guidelines, now is a good time to assess the level of emergencies and the appropriate response.
We have a lot to discuss in this one hour session. This webinar looks at the difference between a “routine” emergency and a “crisis” emergency. We will peel back how to approach the incident, how to get situational awareness, how to perform an assessment of the incident, and how to develop an incident action plan. Who is on your team, what is their role and responsibility and how do we come together quickly to assess the situation? We will discuss emergency communications and how to use template communications and technology to get the word out fast! Lastly, we also will discuss how all this fits inside your facility emergency plan and how it works with the rest of the healthcare team.
- Type of emergencies: Routine, crisis, and emergent.
- Facility management teams – Roles, responsibilities, and methodologies.
- Initial Assessment Team – Who should be on the team.
- Assessment criteria – What criteria should always be considered.
- Incident Action Plan (IAP) – How to write one.
- Critical communications:
- How communications can set the tone for your emergency response
- How establishing templates can speed response times during an emergency
We will have a lively hour of discussion and questions and answers. Please join us on December 7th at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT by registering for this complimentary webinar today.