How does your organization manage an overall incident? Who is in charge? What are the triggers? What is the communication flow? Many companies, both large and small, have not carefully thought through the most basic aspects of crisis management. Successful crisis management brings together all of the silos within a company (emergency response, disaster recovery, business continuity, and crisis communications) for one comprehensive response to an event. Companies who have not developed and exercised a successful incident management team are likely to stumble in the first critical moments after an incident, wasting precious time.
This presentation will give you practical information and basic tools to develop and/or refine an Crisis management program for your company. Regina Phelps has designed Crisis Management programs for large and midsize corporate entities and not-for-profit organizations. She brings practical experience and first-hand knowledge of what works in the real world.
Attend this free webinar sponsored by Everbridge on Tuesday May 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM PT, Noon CT, 1:00 PM ET.
- How to organize your team; what are your options?
- An overview of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Identifying who does what and the individual roles and responsibilities that must be done.
- Develop an Incident Action Plan.
- Discussing the role that Executives play, and tips on their role in a disaster.