The Silly Little Question – Why are we doing this?
Exercises are a mainstay in the field of business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery planning. Although many companies hold exercises, and the organizers may be emergency response subject matter experts, they do not excel in the discipline of designing and conducting the actual exercise. Which means they simply don’t get the best results out of their effort.
This fast paced session starts with the “silly little question…” Why are we doing this? What looks like a simple query is actual one of the keys to getting the most out of every exercise you design. This presentation peels back the design process with the goal of creating the best experience possible. Whether you are developing simple tabletop exercises or working on a full-scale exercise that resembles a Hollywood movie, this session will provide you some gems that will make your exercise sizzle.
- Learn about the golden opportunity and how to exploit it.
- Explore how to influence human behavior.
- Learn about the “silly little question” and how it can change your exercises.
- Review the key aspects of exercise design.
- Discover ways to highlight your after action reports and help change and fund your program
Since 1982, Regina Phelps has designed over 100 exercises each year and will share many of her secrets to ensure your exercise success.