Do you have an Crisis Management Team? Are you developing or retooling the one you have? If so, plan to attend this critical session to learn the top three things you need to have to have a great team.
The goal of this session is to help you create a great team and a great process in order to manage incidents, both large and small. There are three key things that we often find missing in company teams and plans: clearly identified roles and responsibilities, a formal assessment process, and how to develop an incident action plan. This session touches on all three of those critical aspects of the successful Incident Management Team.
Attend this fast-paced session to learn how to build a great Incident Management Team.
- Incident Management Teams – Roles, responsibilities and methodologies.
- Initial Assessment Team – Who should be on the team.
- Assessment Criteria – What criteria should always be considered.
- Incident Action Plan (IAP) – How to write one.
- Learn how to do an initial assessment
- Develop an Incident Action Plan
- Review roles and responsibilities of an effective crisis management team
Who is on your incident assessment team and what is the criteria they use to evaluate an incident? Don’ know? You might be in trouble!