Develop a Successful Crisis Management Program for Your Organization
How does your organization manage an overall incident? Who is in charge? What are the triggers for activating the crisis management team? What is the communication flow? Many companies, both large and small, have not carefully thought through the most basic aspects of crisis management. Crisis management brings together all of the silos within a company (emergency response, disaster recovery, business continuity, and crisis communications) for one comprehensive response to an event. Companies who have not developed and exercised a successful crisis management team are likely to stumble in the first critical moments after an incident, wasting precious time.
This presentation will give you practical information and basic tools to develop and/or refine a crisis management program for your company. Regina Phelps has designed Crisis Management programs for large and midsize corporate entities and not-for-profit organizations, and brings practical experience and first-hand knowledge of what works in the real world.
- Review ways to organize your crisis team; business as usual or something else?
- Get an overview of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Learn how, when, and where to assess an incident, and who should do it.
- Review the role of Executives at time of crisis.
- Learn the components of an incident action plan and how to create one.