Learn from the exercise master, Regina Phelps, who conducts over 100 exercises a year. If you have a documented emergency plan but have not tested it, you might discover that your document is less than sufficient. There are really only two ways to find that out. One is to have an actual disaster; the other is to do an exercise. The latter is usually a better learning experience and is certainly a lot less stressful. This workshop details everything you need to do to design a successful exercise from the ground up. You will walk out of this workshop with a draft of your next exercise planned and two of Regina’s exercise books.
The workshop will cover:
- Five types of exercises.
- The exercise Design Team.
- The exercise plan.
- Creating exercise injects.
- Developing A-V tools.
- Selecting and training a Simulation Team.
- Rules of exercise facilitation.
- Writing the after-action report.
- Participate in an advanced tabletop exercise.
- Develop the outline for your own tabletop exercise.
- Receive feedback on your exercise design.
- Receive a copy of two of Regina’s books, From Response to Recovery – Everything You Need to Know to Create a Great Exercise and Cyber Breach.