Just a few years ago, a cyber security event, information security incident, or data breach seemed like a “one off,” something a bit more unusual. Fast-forward to today and it seems like these incidents have turned into “a breach-a-day.” Target, Home Depot, eBay, Apple, and Adobe are just a few of the recent big-name data breaches. Alas, it appears this is unlikely to abate anytime soon.
One of the ways you can prepare and advance the thinking on managing this type of incident is to conduct a cyber security exercise. Attend this session and learn how to go about developing a realistic cyber security exercise that will challenge the Incident (Crisis) Management team, the technology staff, and the business units. Leave this workshop with a draft of a cyber security tabletop exercise under your arm, feeling better prepared (and perhaps a bit more paranoid).
- What do you need to consider when designing a cyber security exercise?
- Who should be involved in the planning?
- What should be in your exercise plan?
- How can you challenge everyone, not just the “techies”?
- Regina Phelps, EMS Solutions Inc.