WHO has just added a new section to their Ebola website coverage…a collection of very interesting articles on the outbreak. It is a great overview of the history, the failures, myths, surprises and where we might be going.
If you are following the outbreak at all, I would highly recommend spending a bit of time, looking over the articles.
- Ground zero in Guinea: the outbreak smoulders – undetected – for more than 3 months
- Liberia: misery and despair tempered by some good reasons for hope
- Sierra Leone: a traditional healer and a funeral
- Nigeria and Senegal: stable – for the moment
- Democratic Republic of Congo: “classic” Ebola in a country experiencing its seventh outbreak
- A fast-moving epidemic full of tragic surprises
- What this – the largest Ebola outbreak in history – tells the world
- How the four biggest outbreaks since the start of this century shattered some long-standing myths
- Ebola in West Africa: heading for catastrophe?