The NYT has a very cool section aimed at teachers and families called “The Learning Network.” This week they have an earthquake crossword puzzle. Use it in your awareness programs – maybe the person who gets it right first gets a home preparedness kit! Be creative – September is Preparedness Month in the USA.
When you’re done, you might explore these related Times and Learning Network resources:
- Collection | Teaching About the Nepal Earthquake With The New York Times
- Lesson Plan | Manage the Damage: Preparing for Natural Disasters
- Lesson Plan | Two Earthquakes in Two Months: Comparing the Quakes in Haiti and Chile
- Times Topic | Earthquakes
- Week in Review Feature | Lessons from Disaster
- Interactive | Nepal’s Historic Sites, Before and After the Earthquake