Traveling over the past 2 weeks in the U.S. by plane always tells the story. Hacking, coughing and sneezing abounds! The CDC Flu Weekly site tells the story:
- Widespread influenza activity was reported by 25 states (Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming).
- Regional influenza activity was reported by 20 states (California, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin).
Not active in your state yet? Don’t worry – it is coming soon!
Time to get serious about good hygiene and flu defense.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Block your cough with your arm.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use when in public especially after touching surfaces.
- Get that flu shot now if you haven’t done so already.